Who we are
Our website address is: https://afjones.co.uk.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: A F Jones Stonemasons Ltd
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 33 Bedford Road, Reading, RG1 7EX
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Identity Data: Name and job title
- Contact Data: Business Contact information
- Demographic information such as postcode and preferences
- IP addresses
- Other information relevant in relation to our customer surveys and/or offers
- Technical Data stored by Google Analytics on the devices you use to access this website
- Marketing and Communications Data
- Usage Data including the amount of time you use our website in a given set of time
If you fail to provide Personal Data
Where we need to collect Personal Data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions.
- Automated technologies or interactions.
- Third parties or publicly available sources.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or haveentered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our Legitimate Interests (or those of a third party)
- Under a Performance of Contract.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
What we do with the information we gather
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional letters and emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your Personal Data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||
Lawful basis for processing including basis of Legitimate Interest
|To register you as a new customer||(a) Identity
|Performance of a Contract with you|
To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(d) Marketing and
|(a) Performance of a Contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our Legitimate Interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
To administer and protect our
|a) Necessary for our Legitimate Interests (for running our business,provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or
understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
(e) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our Legitimate
Interests (to study how customers
use our products/services, to develop
them, to grow our business and to
inform our marketing strategy)
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/ services, marketing, customer relationships and
|Necessary for our Legitimate Interests (to define types of customers for our products and
services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table above.
Internal Third Parties. Other companies in our group acting as joint controllers or processors and that provide IT and system administration services and undertaken reporting.
External Third Parties. Including service providers who provide IT and system administration services and service agents for support and delivery companies
Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including solicitors, barristers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the United Kingdom
HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data as listed below:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
- Withdraw consent
We adhere to the following principles:
- access to your information is restricted to our relevant trained staff only;
- where any hard copies are created, the hard copies of your information and
confidential documents are kept securely under lock and key.