A F Jones provides a complete service from concept and design services, through manufacture and full installation. We are dynamic, knowledgeable and we support our clients to realise the true potential of stone in, and on, their buildings.
With over 160 years of continuous operation and investment, we employ a sizable in-house team and manufacturing capability, delivering large and complex projects, alongside the multitude of smaller and bespoke works.
We draw upon our wealth of deep-seated stone knowledge & heritage skills, but we also invest and capture the power of leading-edge cutting technology to ensure we offer efficiency, accuracy, and overall value to our clients.
- Ensures building condition is planned and considered periodically.
- Issues can be identified & monitored / assessed over time (i.e. not just snap judgements on a single inspection basis).
- Priorities can be assessed, including relative to other estate investments, and budgets assigned / planned with a longer term perspective.
Each of these sectors involves specific skills & experience.
We also provide a variety of Consultancy services to develop your project from inception onwards.
Where preferred, we are happy to provide a supply-only service for your own fixers to install.
We work with prestigious organisations, including:
- The National Trust
- Historic England &Historic Royal Palaces
- Ministry of Defence (MoD)
- Foreign Office (FCO)
- Many Grade I / II* / II property owners
- Eton College / University of London / Reading University
- Large main contractors such as: Size Group / RWArmstrong / Kingerlee / Feltham / Beards / Cheevers Poole / CC Construction / Westgreen / Knight Harwood / Stonewood / Seacon / Greenham and so on.
Where are we based?
Our main production workshops and showrooms are located in Oxfordshire (Old Quarry Works, Ipsden, OX10 6AF) – refer to Contact Us page.
Our head office is in Reading, Berkshire, established in 1858.
- Best / most competitive price
- Accuracy (vital for jointed finish & speed of fit)
- Top quality hand-finishing of all components
- We are a stones-throw from London and situated central to the Thames Valley corridor.
- Proximity to London & surrounds gives us an advantage in the delivery phase.
All of our Masons are fully trained to NVQ 2 or NVQ 3 standards (alongside other annual safety training), and so we have a depth of knowledge across the board of staff delivering your project.
Realise your project, guided by our architectural