WELCOME TO THE AF JONES BUNKFEST PAGE
As proud local sponsors, you’ll see our banners at the friends tent. Take a look at this page to see the work we do and the careers on offer at AFJones!
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
We are specialists in the design, production and site fit of natural stone across the Interior, Architectural and Heritage sectors.
Our work is known nationally and internationally, winning sector awards for our craftmanship and we are proud to say most of our team are local to Wallingford and the surrounding areas.
Have an enquiry or want to find out more? Email email@example.com
How our sculptures were made
Find a career in Stonemasonry
Take a look at our current vacancies. Did you know we have CAD designers, project managers, apprentices & site fixers, as well as sawyer and banker mason roles?
Stonemasonry Yard Hand
This position is responsible for performing the daily Yard Duties that support the AFJ Team, whilst responsible for the operation of the primary saw (wire saw). Specific duties would involve the below. This is often a springboard role with learning and development into other more senior roles within our wider production team.
- Safe, efficient storage of materials (Clearly labeled) i.e. Stone block, Scants, sand, cement etc.……. (training provided)
- Safe, efficient, organized storage of finished goods
- Safe Loading & unloading of lorries (training provided) and Loading clients/customers vehicles with finished good, making sure they are signed for.
- Loading & unloading saws safely, using crane or forklift (training provided)
- Talking to the team daily to understand what they are going to need for day i.e. bringing in of stone, scants off the wire, pallet organization etc.
- Washing down of CNC machines
- Organize Gas bottle deliveries for forklift & shrink wrapping
- The Running of wire saw, including planning blocks (training provided)
- Controlling the stock of plaster required for wire saw & re-ordering when necessary
- Bridge saw cutting when required
- Clearing/cleaning of gullies, Emptying gully baskets (daily)
- Plant maintenance duties
- Daily pre-operation checks on B2 Forklifts (training provided)
- Daily pre-operation checks on B1 Forklift (Training provided)
- Shrink wrapping pallets of finished goods
- Helping to keep the water plant operational including flocculant dosing (Training provided)
For more details get in touch! Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or find out about other roles
Making buildings in Natural Stone is a precise science & creative art in equal measure. We have a reputation for quality, integrity, craftsmanship, and teaching this craft to a new generation is the lifeblood of our industry and our business culture.
We are always looking for enthusiastic, dedicated people who are willing to learn, hands on, active and has good attention to detail. We offer yearly apprenticeship schemes to all ages which will allow them to achieve a Level 2 NVQ qualification in Banker Stonemasonry.
If you’re interested or know someone who is? Please send a CV to: email@example.com
The workshops at A F Jones Stonemasons include state-of-the-art machinery which produce high quality profiled and carved stone for fine architectural, heritage and interior projects. We are seeking a machinist who can combine the practical aspects of selecting & handling stone, with some technical work in driving 3 axis or 5 axis cutting machines in production.
The role will suit someone who likes to be active and hands-on, whilst also having a good attention to detail with some numeric ability. Training will be provided to the right candidate who has an interest in developing a career in the field. An aptitude and willingness to learn is more important than prior experience in this field. (But any prior experience of workshop environments would be useful).
Excellent AutoCAD skills (& excel) is beneficial for the role as it is the primary software platform to be used. Drawing capability in 3D (e.g. in solidworks , Revit, AutoCAD) would be highly useful but not essential. Other software skills such as Alphacam may be of benefit.
This is a technical role requiring someone who has a great affinity for detail yet can also see the bigger picture. A background or some awareness of stonemasonry, such as jointing and typical detailing, would be of benefit however this aspect can be coached / taught to a candidate with sufficient skill and aptitude. Support would be provided.
If you are interested in this role or just want to find out more, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV attached
Site support Mason
We are seeking a Stonemasons Mate to help support our site teams. The role is varied according to the jobs & tasks in hand to complete a stone building or installation from receipt of materials to finished article. We are looking for someone with a minimum of a year on site, either in a supporting role or as a labourer.
We are craftsmen and women producing high quality dressed stone, so the position will involve care and attention to detail, and it will be on projects that you will be proud of. This role will be on sites around the Berkshire / Oxfordshire region.
Training & mentoring will be provided, which will ensure that you are both safe and productive member of the team. There will be an opportunity for the right candidate to join our apprenticeship scheme.
If you are interested in this role or just want to find out more, please email: email@example.com